Hampstead Heath’s beauty celebrated with more than 1,000 photos entered in Instagram competition
- Credit: Archant
A photography competition showcasing the beauty of Hampstead Heath has received more than 1,000 entries.
The #myhampsteadheath comp invites visitors to the 320 hectare park to submit their favourite views with the winning entry taking pride of place in Hampstead tube station and being used to advertise the organisers, site guardians the Heath and Hampstead Society.
Committee member John Weston, one of the judges, said: “We’ve been incredibly impressed by the entries. You set up these things without knowing how many people will take part, but we’ve had a brilliant response. It’s a great way to promote the Heath.”
Mr Weston added: “We wanted to showcase the Heath’s beauty and the entries definitely reflect that. People have interpreted the brief My Hampstead Heath in so many ways.”
The images range from scruffy dogs to a reflection of trees to a scene showing a pair of joggers looking out across the capital.
You may also want to watch:
And now the deadline for entries, submitted via social media app Instagram, has passed, the judging panel – with head judge Paul Brazier the brains behind the Guiness surfers ad – has its work cut out to whittle down to the winner in a few weeks’ time.
“The winner might well surprise people. We will have to see,” Mr Weston said.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?