Muswell Hill Zumba enthusiasts raise £1,500 for mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures soared at the weekend so did the energy levels during a two hour zumbathon party.
Held in the gardens of The Laboratory Spa & Health club in Muswell Hill, Sunday’s event raised more than £1,500 for mental health charity Mind and attracted well over 70 zumba enthusiasts.
Event organiser and class instructor, Gemma Barlow, said: “While dancing should never replace seeking help from a professional, it can be one tool you can use to stay mentally healthier and take you to another world where you are free.
“I am thrilled we raised so much for such a well-deserved cause. The day had a fantastic vibe and was very emotional.”
“I definitely intend to have more events like this. If you are struggling with a mental illness, consider trying dance as a therapy.
You may also want to watch:
“My message to everyone is to keep dancing.”
To support Mind visit Gemma’s JustGiving page.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83