Muswell Hill Zumba enthusiasts raise £1,500 for mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures soared at the weekend so did the energy levels during a two hour zumbathon party.
Held in the gardens of The Laboratory Spa & Health club in Muswell Hill, Sunday’s event raised more than £1,500 for mental health charity Mind and attracted well over 70 zumba enthusiasts.
Event organiser and class instructor, Gemma Barlow, said: “While dancing should never replace seeking help from a professional, it can be one tool you can use to stay mentally healthier and take you to another world where you are free.
“I am thrilled we raised so much for such a well-deserved cause. The day had a fantastic vibe and was very emotional.”
“I definitely intend to have more events like this. If you are struggling with a mental illness, consider trying dance as a therapy.
You may also want to watch:
“My message to everyone is to keep dancing.”
To support Mind visit Gemma’s JustGiving page.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 7 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate