Muswell Hill Zumba enthusiasts raise £1,500 for mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures soared at the weekend so did the energy levels during a two hour zumbathon party.
Held in the gardens of The Laboratory Spa & Health club in Muswell Hill, Sunday’s event raised more than £1,500 for mental health charity Mind and attracted well over 70 zumba enthusiasts.
Event organiser and class instructor, Gemma Barlow, said: “While dancing should never replace seeking help from a professional, it can be one tool you can use to stay mentally healthier and take you to another world where you are free.
“I am thrilled we raised so much for such a well-deserved cause. The day had a fantastic vibe and was very emotional.”
“I definitely intend to have more events like this. If you are struggling with a mental illness, consider trying dance as a therapy.
You may also want to watch:
“My message to everyone is to keep dancing.”
To support Mind visit Gemma’s JustGiving page.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure