Muswell Hill Zumba enthusiasts raise £1,500 for mental health charity
- Credit: Archant
As temperatures soared at the weekend so did the energy levels during a two hour zumbathon party.
Held in the gardens of The Laboratory Spa & Health club in Muswell Hill, Sunday’s event raised more than £1,500 for mental health charity Mind and attracted well over 70 zumba enthusiasts.
Event organiser and class instructor, Gemma Barlow, said: “While dancing should never replace seeking help from a professional, it can be one tool you can use to stay mentally healthier and take you to another world where you are free.
“I am thrilled we raised so much for such a well-deserved cause. The day had a fantastic vibe and was very emotional.”
“I definitely intend to have more events like this. If you are struggling with a mental illness, consider trying dance as a therapy.
You may also want to watch:
“My message to everyone is to keep dancing.”
To support Mind visit Gemma’s JustGiving page.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station