Muswell Hill violin school marks Star Wars Day
- Credit: Archant
Young violinists handled their bows like light sabres to mark May the Fourth Be With You day in a Star Wars themed concert.
The musicians, aged from three to 15-years-old, played the theme from George Lucas’s film series to an audience of 60 family and friends at St. James’ Church in Muswell Hill.
Raising about £150 for the church’s winter night shelter, the youngsters rehearsed for 10 weeks at their violin school with footage of the concert released to coincide with Star Wars Day.
Teacher Talia Ramos said: “They sounded really, really good. The children said it felt like a violin party. The atmosphere was so friendly.”
With concerts staged every term at The Meeting House in Church Crescent, this was the children’s favourite so far according to Talia.
“Everyone knows it. I love it. It’s one of my favourite soundtracks,” she said.
And the children are already looking forward to their next concert in July - when it will be Harry Potter’s turn to be celebrated.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 7 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate