Muswell Hill violin school marks Star Wars Day
- Credit: Archant
Young violinists handled their bows like light sabres to mark May the Fourth Be With You day in a Star Wars themed concert.
The musicians, aged from three to 15-years-old, played the theme from George Lucas’s film series to an audience of 60 family and friends at St. James’ Church in Muswell Hill.
Raising about £150 for the church’s winter night shelter, the youngsters rehearsed for 10 weeks at their violin school with footage of the concert released to coincide with Star Wars Day.
Teacher Talia Ramos said: “They sounded really, really good. The children said it felt like a violin party. The atmosphere was so friendly.”
With concerts staged every term at The Meeting House in Church Crescent, this was the children’s favourite so far according to Talia.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone knows it. I love it. It’s one of my favourite soundtracks,” she said.
And the children are already looking forward to their next concert in July - when it will be Harry Potter’s turn to be celebrated.
- 1 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United