Muswell Hill violin school marks Star Wars Day
- Credit: Archant
Young violinists handled their bows like light sabres to mark May the Fourth Be With You day in a Star Wars themed concert.
The musicians, aged from three to 15-years-old, played the theme from George Lucas’s film series to an audience of 60 family and friends at St. James’ Church in Muswell Hill.
Raising about £150 for the church’s winter night shelter, the youngsters rehearsed for 10 weeks at their violin school with footage of the concert released to coincide with Star Wars Day.
Teacher Talia Ramos said: “They sounded really, really good. The children said it felt like a violin party. The atmosphere was so friendly.”
With concerts staged every term at The Meeting House in Church Crescent, this was the children’s favourite so far according to Talia.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone knows it. I love it. It’s one of my favourite soundtracks,” she said.
And the children are already looking forward to their next concert in July - when it will be Harry Potter’s turn to be celebrated.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond