Muswell Hill violin school marks Star Wars Day
- Credit: Archant
Young violinists handled their bows like light sabres to mark May the Fourth Be With You day in a Star Wars themed concert.
The musicians, aged from three to 15-years-old, played the theme from George Lucas’s film series to an audience of 60 family and friends at St. James’ Church in Muswell Hill.
Raising about £150 for the church’s winter night shelter, the youngsters rehearsed for 10 weeks at their violin school with footage of the concert released to coincide with Star Wars Day.
Teacher Talia Ramos said: “They sounded really, really good. The children said it felt like a violin party. The atmosphere was so friendly.”
With concerts staged every term at The Meeting House in Church Crescent, this was the children’s favourite so far according to Talia.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone knows it. I love it. It’s one of my favourite soundtracks,” she said.
And the children are already looking forward to their next concert in July - when it will be Harry Potter’s turn to be celebrated.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 10 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords