Muswell Hill to celebrate midsummer in style with community-led festival
- Credit: Archant
St James Square will be alive with pop-up stalls, tasty food and drink, competitive events, a treasure hunt, games, and stalls manned by local organisations and charities.
There will be music, dancers, and even a fashion show at the June event.
At St James Church, there will be facepainters, a bouncy castle, bands, gymnastics, choirs and an art exhibition.
This year’s event has been put on by Friends of St James Square, a group of local ladies - and a token gent.
Organiser Deanna Bogdanovic said: “Following on from the success of last year’s event, we want to show that the Muswell Hill community spirit is stronger than ever.
“Our aim is to give the neighbourhood a memorable family day out, hoping that this will be a date to look forward to in the Muswell Hill calendar for many years to come.”
Organiser Mel Pretorius added: “With our strong team of voluntesers we are hoping to bring more events to St James’s Square, making it a Muswell Hill hub for arts, traders and families.”
- 1 Arsenal prove point in raid at Palace
- 2 War veteran tackled suspected thief in Hampstead – and then 'got the sack'
- 3 Historic images of Londoners enjoying the Heath go on show
- 4 Artist hides visual clues in TV thriller's title sequence
- 5 'Bus cuts would disproportionately affect poor and disabled people'
- 6 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 7 MP backs Liz Truss's position on LGBT+ issues in leadership race
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 New book lists best outdoor swimming spots around London
- 10 Eight people arrested in London and Kent over fatal shooting
The event will also act as a fundraiser for: WAVE (We Are all Valued Equally) at St James Church, an outreach programme for young adults with learning difficulties and the London Centre for Cerebral Palsy.
- The celebrations will take place from 2pm on June 25. See: muswellife.com