Fundraiser for treatment of Muswell Hill student's genetic disorder
- Credit: Archant
A Muswell Hill student is fundraising for treatment as she battles a rare genetic condition that has left her in chronic pain.
Emily, 23, suffers from Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS) which weakens connective tissues that provide support to whole body including the blood vessels, internal organs and bones.
After years of persevering through severe symptoms, Emily’s deteriorating condition is now progressive and life-threatening.
From the debilitating impacts that have changed her day-to-day life including to her spine, vertebrae, skull and brain, Emily now faces extreme fatigue, periods of paralysis, and loss of vision.
The English literature student has been diagnosed with multiple comorbidities including Chiari malformation, Eagle’s syndrome and craniocervical instability.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by Emily’s friend Rachel Parry, the fundraiser will go towards treatments in the UK and for consultations by specialists that help manage the student’s condition.
The crowdfunder will also help pay for private healthcare abroad not currently covered by the NHS.
To donate visit https://www.gofundme.com/f/life-saving-treatment-for-emily
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change