Muswell Hill shop manager collapses in front of customers
Customers at a high street store were stunned to see a 42-year-old member of staff drop dead in front of them. Mohammed Abdulali suffered a heart attack at Moss Bros in Muswell Hill on August 15 at 1.30pm. He was the assistant manager of the designer clo
Customers at a high street store were stunned to see a 42-year-old member of staff drop dead in front of them.
Mohammed Abdulali suffered a heart attack at Moss Bros in Muswell Hill on August 15 at 1.30pm. He was the assistant manager of the designer clothing store for men along the Broadway.
Paramedics were called to the scene after Mr Abdulali collapsed.
A spokeswoman from the London Ambulance Service said: "He was in cardiac arrest and so the crews made every effort to resuscitate him, but sadly he died on the scene."
You may also want to watch:
Police were called shortly afterwards at 2pm.
A police spokeswoman said: "We are often called to sudden deaths. The man was deceased on police arrival. It's being treated as a non-suspicious sudden death."
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
Mr Abdulali lived in Edmonton with his wife, Nilofer.
Philip Mountford, chief executive of the Moss Bros Group, which also owns designer label Hugo Boss, paid tribute to Mr Abdulali.
He said: "We are all very saddened to hear the news of Mr Mohammed Abdulali's death, assistant manager of the Muswell Hill Moss store.
"Our sympathy goes out to Mr Abdulali's family, friends and colleagues at this difficult time. Mr Abdulali was a valued member of staff at Moss and will be greatly missed within the company."
Suresh Shah, manager of nearby Fabric Menswear, said: "I didn't realise until later. Some customers came in and told me that someone had passed away.