Muswell Hill shop manager collapses in front of customers
Customers at a high street store were stunned to see a 42-year-old member of staff drop dead in front of them. Mohammed Abdulali suffered a heart attack at Moss Bros in Muswell Hill on August 15 at 1.30pm. He was the assistant manager of the designer clo
Customers at a high street store were stunned to see a 42-year-old member of staff drop dead in front of them.
Mohammed Abdulali suffered a heart attack at Moss Bros in Muswell Hill on August 15 at 1.30pm. He was the assistant manager of the designer clothing store for men along the Broadway.
Paramedics were called to the scene after Mr Abdulali collapsed.
A spokeswoman from the London Ambulance Service said: "He was in cardiac arrest and so the crews made every effort to resuscitate him, but sadly he died on the scene."
Police were called shortly afterwards at 2pm.
A police spokeswoman said: "We are often called to sudden deaths. The man was deceased on police arrival. It's being treated as a non-suspicious sudden death."
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 10 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube map
Mr Abdulali lived in Edmonton with his wife, Nilofer.
Philip Mountford, chief executive of the Moss Bros Group, which also owns designer label Hugo Boss, paid tribute to Mr Abdulali.
He said: "We are all very saddened to hear the news of Mr Mohammed Abdulali's death, assistant manager of the Muswell Hill Moss store.
"Our sympathy goes out to Mr Abdulali's family, friends and colleagues at this difficult time. Mr Abdulali was a valued member of staff at Moss and will be greatly missed within the company."
Suresh Shah, manager of nearby Fabric Menswear, said: "I didn't realise until later. Some customers came in and told me that someone had passed away.