Muswell Hill school's plan for 210 more pupils
RESIDENTS views are being sought on whether they think a popular Muswell Hill primary school should expand so that is can take an extra 210 pupils. Haringey Council is currently looking at options to address the high demand for school places in the area
RESIDENTS' views are being sought on whether they think a popular Muswell Hill primary school should expand so that is can take an extra 210 pupils.
Haringey Council is currently looking at options to address the high demand for school places in the area and amid predictions that birth rates in west Haringey will continue to rise.
One idea is to expand Rhodes Avenue Primary School, from two to three forms of entry. This would eventually increase pupil numbers from 60 to 90 in each year group and the overall intake of the school from 420 pupils to 630.
Now the council has launched a consultation to seek residents' views on the idea. It run until November 28.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a public meeting at the school in Rhodes Avenue, on Wednesday November 12 from 7pm to 8pm to enable people to find out more.
In May, it was revealed that out of the 110 children in Haringey who did not receive any of their four school preferences for a reception place this year, 25 came from Alexandra ward.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 7 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Any interested party can comment by downloading a questionnaire at www.haringey.gov.uk /rhodesconsultation. Or, to obtain a copy, call Carlene Burgess on 020-8489 3607 and then post it to Head of Place Planning, The Children and Young People's Service, Haringey Council, 48 Station Road, Wood Green, London, N22 7TY.