Muswell Hill school hosts refugee meeting
All are invited to a practical meeting about refugees, chaired by Catherine West, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green.
Speakers will include Yvette Cooper, who leads the Labour task force on refugees and Jonathan Featonby from the Refugee Council.
“Elsie” will be speaking from her own experiences as a refugee.
They will be joined by 10 organisations who work locally to support refugees and asylum seekers.
Volunteers will explain informally what they do and how people can help.
You may also want to watch:
Event organisers Fortis Green Labour Party are suggesting a £5 donation, with all profits to be donated to the Guardian Refugee Appeal, “We Stand Together.”
The event will be taking place at Fortismere School in Muswell Hill on Wednesday January 20, from 7.45 pm.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 3 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 8 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 9 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green