Muswell Hill school hosts refugee meeting
All are invited to a practical meeting about refugees, chaired by Catherine West, MP for Hornsey and Wood Green.
Speakers will include Yvette Cooper, who leads the Labour task force on refugees and Jonathan Featonby from the Refugee Council.
“Elsie” will be speaking from her own experiences as a refugee.
They will be joined by 10 organisations who work locally to support refugees and asylum seekers.
Volunteers will explain informally what they do and how people can help.
You may also want to watch:
Event organisers Fortis Green Labour Party are suggesting a £5 donation, with all profits to be donated to the Guardian Refugee Appeal, “We Stand Together.”
The event will be taking place at Fortismere School in Muswell Hill on Wednesday January 20, from 7.45 pm.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 London Marathon and charity event in aid of Diabetes UK
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease