Muswell Hill school closed down because of asbestos risk
A MUSWELL Hill school has been closed down by a potential asbestos risk. Pupils were due to return to Fortismere School this morning following the Easter break, but a large part of the site has been quarantined after an asbestos risk arose during minor bu
A MUSWELL Hill school has been closed down by a potential asbestos risk.
Pupils were due to return to Fortismere School this morning following the Easter break, but a large part of the site has been quarantined after an asbestos risk arose during minor building works on the south wing main block.
A statement on the school website says: "Because of the large number of classrooms involved I have decided to close the school for students on Monday April 19 in order that strategic plans can be considered for the subsequent days and weeks.
"Clearly, in the first instance, the health and safety of personnel will be of paramount importance.
You may also want to watch:
"The next priority will be to find the optimum way forward for the continued education of all our students, but especially those preparing for imminent public examinations.
"I would ask parents and carers to check the website for further information and would be grateful for your patience and understanding whilst we try to find the most effective but safe way to deal with the situation."
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
Pupils and parents can keep track of the situation at www.fortismere.haringey.sch.uk
For more, see this week's Ham and High Broadway