Raise the Roof: Muswell Hill’s St James Church to host “world class” opera fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
“World class” opera is coming to Muswell Hill on January 25 to fundraise for St James Church.
Proceeds from the concert will go towards the Raise the Roof appeal which the church on St James Lane says will fund a "vital project of repairs".
Performers include violinist Thomas Gould and cellist Gabriella Swallow, who have featured on the domestic and European circuit.
St James Church operations manager Leona Akass said: "We're thrilled and so thankful to the musicians, many of whom live locally. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some of Britain's top musical talent under one creaking roof - all for just £20.
"It's an absolute bargain, a fraction of what you'd pay in the West End and it's all in a good cause - restoring that roof!"
You may also want to watch:
There will also be performances from members of St James Church, soprano soloist Yvette Bonner and baritone James Cleverton, who will showcase a new aria written by composer Iain Bell.
More information about the fundraiser including tickets can be found here.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 NFL London 2021: Tottenham set to host two NFL games