Raise the Roof: Muswell Hill’s St James Church to host “world class” opera fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
“World class” opera is coming to Muswell Hill on January 25 to fundraise for St James Church.
Proceeds from the concert will go towards the Raise the Roof appeal which the church on St James Lane says will fund a "vital project of repairs".
Performers include violinist Thomas Gould and cellist Gabriella Swallow, who have featured on the domestic and European circuit.
St James Church operations manager Leona Akass said: "We're thrilled and so thankful to the musicians, many of whom live locally. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some of Britain's top musical talent under one creaking roof - all for just £20.
"It's an absolute bargain, a fraction of what you'd pay in the West End and it's all in a good cause - restoring that roof!"
You may also want to watch:
There will also be performances from members of St James Church, soprano soloist Yvette Bonner and baritone James Cleverton, who will showcase a new aria written by composer Iain Bell.
More information about the fundraiser including tickets can be found here.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17