Muswell Hill rooftop stand off ends after nine hours
- Credit: Archant
A man who spent nine hours on a roof has come back down to earth after a nine hour stand off with police.
Officers were called to a house in Sutton Road last night after receiving a report of an alleged assault.
Before the police arrived the suspect had fled, but he later reappeared.
The man evaded officers a second time by clambering onto nearby rooves where he remained until this afternoon.
Witnesses described being woken in the early hours of the morning reporting that a police helicopter was circling the scene with police and fire engines in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
According to a police spokesman the man came down and has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics