Muswell Hill rooftop stand off ends after nine hours
- Credit: Archant
A man who spent nine hours on a roof has come back down to earth after a nine hour stand off with police.
Officers were called to a house in Sutton Road last night after receiving a report of an alleged assault.
Before the police arrived the suspect had fled, but he later reappeared.
The man evaded officers a second time by clambering onto nearby rooves where he remained until this afternoon.
Witnesses described being woken in the early hours of the morning reporting that a police helicopter was circling the scene with police and fire engines in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
According to a police spokesman the man came down and has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 8 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 9 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat