Muswell Hill robbery: Police arrest two over alleged after-school offences targeting children
- Credit: Archant
Two males were arrested on Thursday on suspicion of robbing a group of Muswell Hill schoolboys.
The suspects were detained after "intelligence-led" after school patrols in Muswell Hill.
Officers were alerted to a group who were "suspected to be intimidating schoolchildren".
After being approached by officers, they ran off, but two of the group - including a 15 year-old - were subsequently arrested nearby.
Enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Police's Insp Paul Dwyer said: "My officers are patrolling Muswell Hill but I would continue to encourage students to report incidents to police so we can swiftly act upon them just like this one."
"Robbery is a priority for Haringey Police and we are proactively out in plain clothes and uniform to deal with any such offences."
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 6 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 7 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 8 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
- 9 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 10 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze