Muswell Hill residents and traders bring ‘festive cheer’ to raise £5k for Christmas tree
- Credit: Archant
The festive spirit is already alive in Muswell Hill after traders and residents clubbed together to raise £5,000 for its Christmas tree in St James Square.
The donation target of £4,000 was met within 48 hours and the remaining funds will go to Muswell Hill Soup Kitchen.
Muswell Hill’s Christmas tree will be switched on at 6pm on November 30 and live streamed on Facebook.
Deanna Bogdanovic, from Muswell Business, the area’s traders’ association, said: “Christmas is always a big celebration in Muswell Hill, and although we can’t celebrate with our traditional carols and market, we can bring some festive cheer to the community with our Christmas tree.
“We were so delighted that the community and traders pulled together so quickly to help raise the essential funds, especially at a time of much hardship.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents and local organisations who donated include: Hampstead Butcher & Providore, Tatlers, Tomfoolery, Red Desk, BonaFideStudio, St James Church, and the Friends of St James Square.
To donate click here.
- 1 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Highgate's Harington Scheme donates clothes to families and hostels
- 4 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 5 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 6 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
- 7 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 8 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 9 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 10 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community