Muswell Hill residents and traders bring ‘festive cheer’ to raise £5k for Christmas tree
- Credit: Archant
The festive spirit is already alive in Muswell Hill after traders and residents clubbed together to raise £5,000 for its Christmas tree in St James Square.
The donation target of £4,000 was met within 48 hours and the remaining funds will go to Muswell Hill Soup Kitchen.
Muswell Hill’s Christmas tree will be switched on at 6pm on November 30 and live streamed on Facebook.
Deanna Bogdanovic, from Muswell Business, the area’s traders’ association, said: “Christmas is always a big celebration in Muswell Hill, and although we can’t celebrate with our traditional carols and market, we can bring some festive cheer to the community with our Christmas tree.
“We were so delighted that the community and traders pulled together so quickly to help raise the essential funds, especially at a time of much hardship.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents and local organisations who donated include: Hampstead Butcher & Providore, Tatlers, Tomfoolery, Red Desk, BonaFideStudio, St James Church, and the Friends of St James Square.
To donate click here.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed