Muswell Hill pub to donate food to charities following ‘severe’ fire
- Credit: Archant
The pub owners have thanked the community for their support and are now asking for ideas of where to donate their produce
The London Fire Brigade are still investigating the cause of the fire which ripped through The Victoria Stakes pub yesterday at midday.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called and part of the ground floor and the first floor of the building was damaged by fire.
All of the ducting to the second floor of the building was gutted by the blaze.
The Victoria Stakes are making the best of a bad situation and have asked people to suggest charities and soup kitchens where they can donate produce.
You may also want to watch:
Suggestions so far include the Muswell Hill soup kitchen and St James Church in Muswell Hill, which has a scheme helping homeless people.
The Fire Brigade was called at 11.59am and the fire was under control around 2pm.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home
Fire crews from Hornsey, Southgate, Tottenham, Kentish Town, Finchley and Homerton fire stations attended the scene.