Muswell Hill pub to donate food to charities following ‘severe’ fire
- Credit: Archant
The pub owners have thanked the community for their support and are now asking for ideas of where to donate their produce
The London Fire Brigade are still investigating the cause of the fire which ripped through The Victoria Stakes pub yesterday at midday.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called and part of the ground floor and the first floor of the building was damaged by fire.
All of the ducting to the second floor of the building was gutted by the blaze.
The Victoria Stakes are making the best of a bad situation and have asked people to suggest charities and soup kitchens where they can donate produce.
You may also want to watch:
Suggestions so far include the Muswell Hill soup kitchen and St James Church in Muswell Hill, which has a scheme helping homeless people.
The Fire Brigade was called at 11.59am and the fire was under control around 2pm.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
Fire crews from Hornsey, Southgate, Tottenham, Kentish Town, Finchley and Homerton fire stations attended the scene.