Muswell Hill pub to donate food to charities following ‘severe’ fire
- Credit: Archant
The pub owners have thanked the community for their support and are now asking for ideas of where to donate their produce
The London Fire Brigade are still investigating the cause of the fire which ripped through The Victoria Stakes pub yesterday at midday.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called and part of the ground floor and the first floor of the building was damaged by fire.
All of the ducting to the second floor of the building was gutted by the blaze.
The Victoria Stakes are making the best of a bad situation and have asked people to suggest charities and soup kitchens where they can donate produce.
You may also want to watch:
Suggestions so far include the Muswell Hill soup kitchen and St James Church in Muswell Hill, which has a scheme helping homeless people.
The Fire Brigade was called at 11.59am and the fire was under control around 2pm.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 9 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 10 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
Fire crews from Hornsey, Southgate, Tottenham, Kentish Town, Finchley and Homerton fire stations attended the scene.