Muswell Hill pub to donate food to charities following ‘severe’ fire
- Credit: Archant
The pub owners have thanked the community for their support and are now asking for ideas of where to donate their produce
The London Fire Brigade are still investigating the cause of the fire which ripped through The Victoria Stakes pub yesterday at midday.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called and part of the ground floor and the first floor of the building was damaged by fire.
All of the ducting to the second floor of the building was gutted by the blaze.
The Victoria Stakes are making the best of a bad situation and have asked people to suggest charities and soup kitchens where they can donate produce.
Suggestions so far include the Muswell Hill soup kitchen and St James Church in Muswell Hill, which has a scheme helping homeless people.
The Fire Brigade was called at 11.59am and the fire was under control around 2pm.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 7 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 10 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
Fire crews from Hornsey, Southgate, Tottenham, Kentish Town, Finchley and Homerton fire stations attended the scene.