Muswell Hill pub to donate food to charities following ‘severe’ fire
- Credit: Archant
The pub owners have thanked the community for their support and are now asking for ideas of where to donate their produce
The London Fire Brigade are still investigating the cause of the fire which ripped through The Victoria Stakes pub yesterday at midday.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers were called and part of the ground floor and the first floor of the building was damaged by fire.
All of the ducting to the second floor of the building was gutted by the blaze.
The Victoria Stakes are making the best of a bad situation and have asked people to suggest charities and soup kitchens where they can donate produce.
You may also want to watch:
Suggestions so far include the Muswell Hill soup kitchen and St James Church in Muswell Hill, which has a scheme helping homeless people.
The Fire Brigade was called at 11.59am and the fire was under control around 2pm.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Fire crews from Hornsey, Southgate, Tottenham, Kentish Town, Finchley and Homerton fire stations attended the scene.