Muswell Hill post office to close for refurb
- Credit: Archant
The boss of a private company which took over state owned Muswell Hill post office has apologised ahead of closure plans.
Stationery company UOE managing director Elliot Jacobs said sorry after announcing the Muswell Hill Broadway branch’s doors will shut for refurbishment work.
Mr Jacobs said: “I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, but the new, modernised post office will be better able to serve the community.”
He added that since his firm took over the running last November, it has extended opening hours and now provides a seven day counter service.
The branch closes at 6pm on February 12. The firm says doors will reopen six weeks later at 10am, March 28.
You may also want to watch:
UOE said the new post office will offer customers more counters, better facilities and a greater choice of products along with more staff.
It recommended customers visit branches in Crouch End and East Finchley during the closure.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa