Muswell Hill post office to close for refurb
- Credit: Archant
The boss of a private company which took over state owned Muswell Hill post office has apologised ahead of closure plans.
Stationery company UOE managing director Elliot Jacobs said sorry after announcing the Muswell Hill Broadway branch’s doors will shut for refurbishment work.
Mr Jacobs said: “I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, but the new, modernised post office will be better able to serve the community.”
He added that since his firm took over the running last November, it has extended opening hours and now provides a seven day counter service.
The branch closes at 6pm on February 12. The firm says doors will reopen six weeks later at 10am, March 28.
You may also want to watch:
UOE said the new post office will offer customers more counters, better facilities and a greater choice of products along with more staff.
It recommended customers visit branches in Crouch End and East Finchley during the closure.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill