Muswell Hill post office to close for refurb
- Credit: Archant
The boss of a private company which took over state owned Muswell Hill post office has apologised ahead of closure plans.
Stationery company UOE managing director Elliot Jacobs said sorry after announcing the Muswell Hill Broadway branch’s doors will shut for refurbishment work.
Mr Jacobs said: “I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, but the new, modernised post office will be better able to serve the community.”
He added that since his firm took over the running last November, it has extended opening hours and now provides a seven day counter service.
The branch closes at 6pm on February 12. The firm says doors will reopen six weeks later at 10am, March 28.
You may also want to watch:
UOE said the new post office will offer customers more counters, better facilities and a greater choice of products along with more staff.
It recommended customers visit branches in Crouch End and East Finchley during the closure.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond