Muswell Hill post office to close for refurb
- Credit: Archant
The boss of a private company which took over state owned Muswell Hill post office has apologised ahead of closure plans.
Stationery company UOE managing director Elliot Jacobs said sorry after announcing the Muswell Hill Broadway branch’s doors will shut for refurbishment work.
Mr Jacobs said: “I apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, but the new, modernised post office will be better able to serve the community.”
He added that since his firm took over the running last November, it has extended opening hours and now provides a seven day counter service.
The branch closes at 6pm on February 12. The firm says doors will reopen six weeks later at 10am, March 28.
You may also want to watch:
UOE said the new post office will offer customers more counters, better facilities and a greater choice of products along with more staff.
It recommended customers visit branches in Crouch End and East Finchley during the closure.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'