Muswell Hill: Man dies after fire in block of flats
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a fire in a block of flats.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters battled to put out the blaze, in Alexandra Road in Muswell Hill, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Thirteen other people left the block before firefighters – who were called at about 6pm on Friday evening – arrived.
The fire was out by 7.30pm.
The man, whose identity has not yet been revealed, was on the second floor of the three-storey block.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Finchley, Hornsey and Holloway helped to put out the fire, the cause of which is under investigation.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged