Muswell Hill: Man dies after fire in block of flats
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a fire in a block of flats.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters battled to put out the blaze, in Alexandra Road in Muswell Hill, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Thirteen other people left the block before firefighters – who were called at about 6pm on Friday evening – arrived.
The fire was out by 7.30pm.
The man, whose identity has not yet been revealed, was on the second floor of the three-storey block.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Finchley, Hornsey and Holloway helped to put out the fire, the cause of which is under investigation.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband