Muswell Hill: Man dies after fire in block of flats
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a fire in a block of flats.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters battled to put out the blaze, in Alexandra Road in Muswell Hill, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Thirteen other people left the block before firefighters – who were called at about 6pm on Friday evening – arrived.
The fire was out by 7.30pm.
The man, whose identity has not yet been revealed, was on the second floor of the three-storey block.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Finchley, Hornsey and Holloway helped to put out the fire, the cause of which is under investigation.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham