Muswell Hill: Man dies after fire in block of flats
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after a fire in a block of flats.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters battled to put out the blaze, in Alexandra Road in Muswell Hill, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Thirteen other people left the block before firefighters – who were called at about 6pm on Friday evening – arrived.
The fire was out by 7.30pm.
The man, whose identity has not yet been revealed, was on the second floor of the three-storey block.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Finchley, Hornsey and Holloway helped to put out the fire, the cause of which is under investigation.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'