Muswell Hill home ravaged by fire
A HOUSE in Muswell Hill was severely damaged in a fire which ravaged through three floors. Six fire engines and 35 firefighters rushed to the blaze at the converted house in Dukes Avenue in the early hours yesterday. A spokesman from London Fire Brigade
A HOUSE in Muswell Hill was severely damaged in a fire which ravaged through three floors.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters rushed to the blaze at the converted house in Dukes Avenue in the early hours yesterday.
A spokesman from London Fire Brigade said: "We were called at 6.20am to a house of three floors converted into four flats. Twenty per cent of the ground floor and half of the first and second floors were damaged by the fire.
"Six people escaped before the brigade got there."
The fire was under control by 9.17am.
Police closed Dukes Avenue from Elms Avenue to Muswell Hill and a diversion was put in place causing congestion throughout the morning.
- 1 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 2 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 3 Barnet, Camden and Haringey receive boost for low vaccine uptake
- 4 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 5 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 6 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 7 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 8 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 9 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 10 CQC takes action against practice after dentist convicted of sexual offence
A spokesman from the ambulance added: "We were called at 6.20am this morning from the fire brigade to Dukes Avenue to reports of a fire. We sent four ambulance crews, a single responder, a car and duty officer.
"Two patients were taken to the Whittington hospital."
The cause of the fire is under investigation.