Muswell Hill home ravaged by fire
A HOUSE in Muswell Hill was severely damaged in a fire which ravaged through three floors. Six fire engines and 35 firefighters rushed to the blaze at the converted house in Dukes Avenue in the early hours yesterday. A spokesman from London Fire Brigade
A HOUSE in Muswell Hill was severely damaged in a fire which ravaged through three floors.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters rushed to the blaze at the converted house in Dukes Avenue in the early hours yesterday.
A spokesman from London Fire Brigade said: "We were called at 6.20am to a house of three floors converted into four flats. Twenty per cent of the ground floor and half of the first and second floors were damaged by the fire.
"Six people escaped before the brigade got there."
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 9.17am.
Police closed Dukes Avenue from Elms Avenue to Muswell Hill and a diversion was put in place causing congestion throughout the morning.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
A spokesman from the ambulance added: "We were called at 6.20am this morning from the fire brigade to Dukes Avenue to reports of a fire. We sent four ambulance crews, a single responder, a car and duty officer.
"Two patients were taken to the Whittington hospital."
The cause of the fire is under investigation.