Muswell Hill woman walks 60 miles in 17 hours for sister who has pancreatic cancer
- Credit: Archant
A Muswell Hill woman walked 60 miles in just under 17 hours on Saturday to fundraise for pancreatic cancer.
Dr Jane Stephens’ sister, Anni, 62, was diagnosed with the disease last August – so Jane wanted to raise awareness of her story, the cancer’s symptoms, and how Anni has defied doctors’ expectations to still be alive today.
Jane, a 59-year-old business coach, walked 60 miles in 16 hours and 56 minutes, doing loops through Muswell Hill, Crouch End, Highgate, Alexandra Palace and Hampstead Garden Suburb.
With the symptoms of pancreatic cancer listed on her rucksack, she set off on July 18 at 5.45am and finished at 10.45pm.
Jane told the Ham&High her fundraiser was particularly special to her, Anni, family and friends for the relationships and connections it developed, with some applauding or joining in parts of the walk as Jane went past.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This was all about people connecting and being positive and supportive to each other.
“At the end of the day all that matters is the relationships that we have, so it was lovely to see how everyone came together for it.”
To donate to the fundraiser for Pancreatic Cancer UK click here.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late