Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- Credit: Chris Stone
A Muswell Hill man taking photos of his son has captured the moment a car burst into flames.
On Wednesday evening (October 13), Chris Stone was out buying a present for his partner with the couple's son Joshua, and stopped to take pictures of the four-year-old jumping off steps.
As they walked back onto the high street, Chris was amazed to see flames coming out of a car outside of Barnard Marcus estate agents.
Chris told the Ham&High: "When we arrived it was only small, and I happened to have my camera with me so we stayed to watch as the emergency services came.
"Joshua's granddad was a firefighter so he was very interested in watching them put out the fire."
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) confirmed firefighters were called to a car alight on Muswell Hill Broadway.
The fire service said there were no reports of any injuries.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 3 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 4 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Antonio Conte's lungs put in a shift as Spurs beat Brentford
- 9 Haringey flasher targeted young girls for 'obscene gratification'
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
LFB was called at 5.09pm and said the fire was under control by 5.26pm. One fire engine from Hornsey Fire Station was at the scene.