Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- Credit: Chris Stone
A Muswell Hill man taking photos of his son has captured the moment a car burst into flames.
On Wednesday evening (October 13), Chris Stone was out buying a present for his partner with the couple's son Joshua, and stopped to take pictures of the four-year-old jumping off steps.
As they walked back onto the high street, Chris was amazed to see flames coming out of a car outside of Barnard Marcus estate agents.
Chris told the Ham&High: "When we arrived it was only small, and I happened to have my camera with me so we stayed to watch as the emergency services came.
"Joshua's granddad was a firefighter so he was very interested in watching them put out the fire."
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) confirmed firefighters were called to a car alight on Muswell Hill Broadway.
The fire service said there were no reports of any injuries.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 8 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 10 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
LFB was called at 5.09pm and said the fire was under control by 5.26pm. One fire engine from Hornsey Fire Station was at the scene.