Muswell Hill businesses get ready for ‘odd one out’ children’s competition
- Credit: Archant
A plan to get youngsters out and about over the summer holidays has been welcomed by more than 30 shopkeepers.
“Odd One Out” will see out-of-place objects, such as a spanner in a shoe shop, appearing in stores all over Muswell Hill and Fortis Green.
Eagle-eyed children tick off the weird and wonderful objects from a list as they visit a host of businesses taking part in the six week long competition.
Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association member Zoe Norfolk, who came up with the idea, said: “I suggested this competition as I had loved taking part when I was a child in my home town of Rye.
“It’s been great finding out what the shops will be hiding in their windows,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
John Hadju – chair of the Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association (MHFGA) which is organising the challenge – said: “We want to engage children in a local event.”
For more details and entry forms head to Muswell Hill Library or visit the MHFGA website.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
The competition starts on July 22 and is open to children aged up to 12 with the first 40 winners awarded cinema tickets as prizes.