Muswell Hill businesses get ready for ‘odd one out’ children’s competition
- Credit: Archant
A plan to get youngsters out and about over the summer holidays has been welcomed by more than 30 shopkeepers.
“Odd One Out” will see out-of-place objects, such as a spanner in a shoe shop, appearing in stores all over Muswell Hill and Fortis Green.
Eagle-eyed children tick off the weird and wonderful objects from a list as they visit a host of businesses taking part in the six week long competition.
Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association member Zoe Norfolk, who came up with the idea, said: “I suggested this competition as I had loved taking part when I was a child in my home town of Rye.
“It’s been great finding out what the shops will be hiding in their windows,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
John Hadju – chair of the Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association (MHFGA) which is organising the challenge – said: “We want to engage children in a local event.”
For more details and entry forms head to Muswell Hill Library or visit the MHFGA website.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
The competition starts on July 22 and is open to children aged up to 12 with the first 40 winners awarded cinema tickets as prizes.