Muswell Hill bus stop moved from steep hill
The battle to move the W7 bus stop has been a tough hill to climb, but it will finally become more accessible after long-running campaign.
A MUSWELL Hill bus stop providing sole access to a large healthcare centre is to be moved from a steep hill after years of campaigning.
The W7 bus stop, which shuttles between Muswell Hill and Finsbury Park, via the Hornsey Central health care clinic in Crouch End, is set to be moved from Muswell Hill to the Broadway, outside Boots.
The news was sent to Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone who, along with local Liberal Democrat councillor Martin Newton, has run a three year campaign to have the stop made more accessible to all in the area.
The stop will first be moved on a temporary basis at first, if a successful safety audit takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Featherstone, has undertaken site visits, written letters and organised petitions said: “I’m really thrilled. Thanks to the support of hundreds of local residents, and years of campaigning, the Council and Transport for London have finally agreed to work together to make the bus stop accessible.
“This is great step forward for elderly and less mobile residents in the Muswell Hill area, who will hopefully soon be able to get safely on the W7 bus to Hornsey Central.”
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
Muswell Hill councillor Martin Newton added: “A bus stop down a steep hill, for the only bus to Hornsey Central, was always a poor solution. But due to strong backing by local residents, and a relentless Lib Dem campaign, we are now really close to getting the move local people need.
“It feels like common sense has finally prevailed. Fingers crossed for a quick move up to the Broadway. But rest assured, until that bus stop is permanently accessible for local people, we will not stop fighting.”