Muswell Hill backpacker found alive
A 19-year-old backpacker from Muswell Hill who has been missing in Australia for 12 days has been found alive. Former Alexandra Park pupil Jamie Neale went missing in dense bushland in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, on July 3. Two walkers alerted eme
A 19-year-old backpacker from Muswell Hill who has been missing in Australia for 12 days has been found alive.
Former Alexandra Park pupil Jamie Neale went missing in dense bushland in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, on July 3.
Two walkers alerted emergency services after finding Mr Neale at the Narrow Neck fire trail, near Katoomba. It is believed he got lost while out walking and was unable to attract the attention of the rescue helicopter because the density of the bush land.
Mr Neale's father, Richard Cass, who flew out to Australia to join the search, has been reunited with his son and told reporters he looked "gaunt". It is understood he survived 12 days in the open air by eating seeds and nettles.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Neale has been taken to Katoomba Hospital for treatment of dehydration and exposure.
He checked into a Katoomba youth hostel on Thursday July 2and was last seen about 9.40am on Friday July 3. His personal belongings, including a mobile phone and personal papers, were found in his room at the hostel.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
For more on this story see tomorrow's Ham&High Broadway.