Crash on Alexandra Palace Way as traffic lights tumble hours before road was shut to stop ‘dangerous driving’
- Credit: Flashpark
Two people escaped “serious injury” after a car collided with traffic lights in Alexandra Palace Way on Monday night – less than seven hours before the road was closed to tackle “dangerous driving”.
A black car was left ruined after the crash on June 1 around 10.30pm in Muswell Hill, with police and paramedics attending the scene.
There has been a series of road safety problems during lockdown around Ally Pally, which recently closed Alexandra Palace Way from 8pm to 5am – a daily temporary measure – in an attempt to combat the issue.
This most recent collision at the bottom of the very same road happened the night before the closure came into effect on June 2. No arrests were made.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 2240hrs on 1 June to a collision in Alexandra Palace Way, N8.
“Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two males in the vehicle. Neither is believed to have been seriously injured.”
Pictures in the story supplied by Flashpark.
- 1 How Agatha Christie spent the war in Hampstead
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 4 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 5 Teenage girls banned from Camden after Hampstead robbery spree
- 6 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 7 Hampstead man 'scammed out of £700' by DPD worker
- 8 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 10 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur