Crash on Alexandra Palace Way as traffic lights tumble hours before road was shut to stop ‘dangerous driving’
- Credit: Flashpark
Two people escaped “serious injury” after a car collided with traffic lights in Alexandra Palace Way on Monday night – less than seven hours before the road was closed to tackle “dangerous driving”.
A black car was left ruined after the crash on June 1 around 10.30pm in Muswell Hill, with police and paramedics attending the scene.
There has been a series of road safety problems during lockdown around Ally Pally, which recently closed Alexandra Palace Way from 8pm to 5am – a daily temporary measure – in an attempt to combat the issue.
This most recent collision at the bottom of the very same road happened the night before the closure came into effect on June 2. No arrests were made.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 2240hrs on 1 June to a collision in Alexandra Palace Way, N8.
“Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two males in the vehicle. Neither is believed to have been seriously injured.”
Pictures in the story supplied by Flashpark.
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath