Crash on Alexandra Palace Way as traffic lights tumble hours before road was shut to stop ‘dangerous driving’
- Credit: Flashpark
Two people escaped “serious injury” after a car collided with traffic lights in Alexandra Palace Way on Monday night – less than seven hours before the road was closed to tackle “dangerous driving”.
A black car was left ruined after the crash on June 1 around 10.30pm in Muswell Hill, with police and paramedics attending the scene.
There has been a series of road safety problems during lockdown around Ally Pally, which recently closed Alexandra Palace Way from 8pm to 5am – a daily temporary measure – in an attempt to combat the issue.
This most recent collision at the bottom of the very same road happened the night before the closure came into effect on June 2. No arrests were made.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 2240hrs on 1 June to a collision in Alexandra Palace Way, N8.
“Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two males in the vehicle. Neither is believed to have been seriously injured.”
Pictures in the story supplied by Flashpark.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 5 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 6 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre