Crash on Alexandra Palace Way as traffic lights tumble hours before road was shut to stop ‘dangerous driving’
- Credit: Flashpark
Two people escaped “serious injury” after a car collided with traffic lights in Alexandra Palace Way on Monday night – less than seven hours before the road was closed to tackle “dangerous driving”.
A black car was left ruined after the crash on June 1 around 10.30pm in Muswell Hill, with police and paramedics attending the scene.
There has been a series of road safety problems during lockdown around Ally Pally, which recently closed Alexandra Palace Way from 8pm to 5am – a daily temporary measure – in an attempt to combat the issue.
This most recent collision at the bottom of the very same road happened the night before the closure came into effect on June 2. No arrests were made.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Police were called at 2240hrs on 1 June to a collision in Alexandra Palace Way, N8.
“Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
“There were two males in the vehicle. Neither is believed to have been seriously injured.”
Pictures in the story supplied by Flashpark.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Gospel Oak Football Club: A team with roots firmly in the community
- 3 Tottenham Hotspur host Everton in mouthwatering clash
- 4 Plans for 60ft 5G mast in Crouch End 'not in keeping' with conservation area
- 5 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 6 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 7 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
- 8 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 9 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 10 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy