North London musician’s Christmas campaign video sees music pupils aim at charity target
- Credit: Archant
A north London musician and teacher has been leading her pupils in an extraordinary fundraising drive in the days before Christmas.
Rosa Ullman, 33, is a regular piano performer at Rosslyn Hill Chapel and teaches pupils across Hampstead, Highgate, East Finchley and Muswell Hill.
For the fourth year in a row, the enterprising north Londoner has made a video in order to galvanise the festive spirit of kids and their parents alike.
This year she's been fundraising for International Rescue Committee charity, who she also helped earlier this year when she ran a half-marathon.
Rosa said: "We have done two of these before. The kids are really sweet and it's a really good cause."
You may also want to watch:
Many of the pupils attend King Alfred's School in Golders Green, While Rosa, who was born in the Royal Free. had her own child toddler there, too.
At the time of writing, Rosa has raised more than £800 of her £1,000 target. To help her over the line, see: justgiving.com/fundraising/jinglebells2019
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate