South End Green Festival draws in thousands of visitors for yet another year
- Credit: Archant
Thousands basked in the sunshine in South End Green on Sunday, for the area’s annual festival.
There was a vibrant atmosphere as visitors from across London milled around the stalls, games and funfair.
Live musical performances by artists including Vamila Rowe and John Etheridge entertained the crowds. Meanwhile lucky raffle ticket holders walked away with prizes donated by local businesses, which included meals for two and food hampers.
The area's political groups were also out in force, with Hampstead's Conservative councillors raising money for Age UK Camden's Henderson Court with a hook-a-duck stall. Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq was also in attendance, with her husband Chris and their children Raphael and Azaelea.
Roger Gulhane from the South End Green Association who organised the event said: "It went really well. We had a good turnout and the weather was fantastic. My personal highlight was the stage and it was crammed full all day. We tried to choose as many local acts as we could and they were all really good. I'm dreaming of a rest now!"
You may also want to watch:
The South End Green Association is looking for people to help organise next year's festival. If you are interested in helping, email email@example.com or call Roger on 07956 168320.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals