South End Green Festival draws in thousands of visitors for yet another year
- Credit: Archant
Thousands basked in the sunshine in South End Green on Sunday, for the area’s annual festival.
There was a vibrant atmosphere as visitors from across London milled around the stalls, games and funfair.
Live musical performances by artists including Vamila Rowe and John Etheridge entertained the crowds. Meanwhile lucky raffle ticket holders walked away with prizes donated by local businesses, which included meals for two and food hampers.
The area's political groups were also out in force, with Hampstead's Conservative councillors raising money for Age UK Camden's Henderson Court with a hook-a-duck stall. Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq was also in attendance, with her husband Chris and their children Raphael and Azaelea.
Roger Gulhane from the South End Green Association who organised the event said: "It went really well. We had a good turnout and the weather was fantastic. My personal highlight was the stage and it was crammed full all day. We tried to choose as many local acts as we could and they were all really good. I'm dreaming of a rest now!"
You may also want to watch:
The South End Green Association is looking for people to help organise next year's festival. If you are interested in helping, email email@example.com or call Roger on 07956 168320.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath