Mum’s shock after police find £3,000 worth of cannabis in raid on Highgate flat
A mother was shocked to discover police had arrested her son after finding £3,000 worth of cannabis in a raid on her flat while she was at work.
Officers searched the flat in Southwood Lawn Road, Highgate, following a complaint from a neighbour about suspected drug use at the property.
They found a holdall full of cannabis worth about £3,000 during the raid on Saturday, June 21 at 5pm.
Four people, including the son of the flat’s owner, were arrested at the scene.
They were bailed pending further investigation by Haringey Police.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said the mother was stunned to return home from work and find her flat had been raided.
“She was really co-operative,” said Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Police would like to encourage residents to come forward with any information about suspicious activity.
Sgt Uddin said: “We only had one person come forward but there were four people affected.
“If there’s anyone with any information, please give us a call and let us deal with it.”
Contact Highgate Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2673.