Mum’s shock after police find £3,000 worth of cannabis in raid on Highgate flat
A mother was shocked to discover police had arrested her son after finding £3,000 worth of cannabis in a raid on her flat while she was at work.
Officers searched the flat in Southwood Lawn Road, Highgate, following a complaint from a neighbour about suspected drug use at the property.
They found a holdall full of cannabis worth about £3,000 during the raid on Saturday, June 21 at 5pm.
Four people, including the son of the flat’s owner, were arrested at the scene.
They were bailed pending further investigation by Haringey Police.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said the mother was stunned to return home from work and find her flat had been raided.
“She was really co-operative,” said Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Police would like to encourage residents to come forward with any information about suspicious activity.
Sgt Uddin said: “We only had one person come forward but there were four people affected.
“If there’s anyone with any information, please give us a call and let us deal with it.”
Contact Highgate Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2673.