Mum’s shock after police find £3,000 worth of cannabis in raid on Highgate flat
A mother was shocked to discover police had arrested her son after finding £3,000 worth of cannabis in a raid on her flat while she was at work.
Officers searched the flat in Southwood Lawn Road, Highgate, following a complaint from a neighbour about suspected drug use at the property.
They found a holdall full of cannabis worth about £3,000 during the raid on Saturday, June 21 at 5pm.
Four people, including the son of the flat’s owner, were arrested at the scene.
They were bailed pending further investigation by Haringey Police.
Officers said the mother was stunned to return home from work and find her flat had been raided.
“She was really co-operative,” said Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 4 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 9 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 10 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
Police would like to encourage residents to come forward with any information about suspicious activity.
Sgt Uddin said: “We only had one person come forward but there were four people affected.
“If there’s anyone with any information, please give us a call and let us deal with it.”
Contact Highgate Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2673.