Mum’s shock after police find £3,000 worth of cannabis in raid on Highgate flat
A mother was shocked to discover police had arrested her son after finding £3,000 worth of cannabis in a raid on her flat while she was at work.
Officers searched the flat in Southwood Lawn Road, Highgate, following a complaint from a neighbour about suspected drug use at the property.
They found a holdall full of cannabis worth about £3,000 during the raid on Saturday, June 21 at 5pm.
Four people, including the son of the flat’s owner, were arrested at the scene.
They were bailed pending further investigation by Haringey Police.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said the mother was stunned to return home from work and find her flat had been raided.
“She was really co-operative,” said Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
Police would like to encourage residents to come forward with any information about suspicious activity.
Sgt Uddin said: “We only had one person come forward but there were four people affected.
“If there’s anyone with any information, please give us a call and let us deal with it.”
Contact Highgate Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2673.