Mum’s shock after police find £3,000 worth of cannabis in raid on Highgate flat
A mother was shocked to discover police had arrested her son after finding £3,000 worth of cannabis in a raid on her flat while she was at work.
Officers searched the flat in Southwood Lawn Road, Highgate, following a complaint from a neighbour about suspected drug use at the property.
They found a holdall full of cannabis worth about £3,000 during the raid on Saturday, June 21 at 5pm.
Four people, including the son of the flat’s owner, were arrested at the scene.
They were bailed pending further investigation by Haringey Police.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said the mother was stunned to return home from work and find her flat had been raided.
“She was really co-operative,” said Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s Safer Neighbourhoods Team.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
Police would like to encourage residents to come forward with any information about suspicious activity.
Sgt Uddin said: “We only had one person come forward but there were four people affected.
“If there’s anyone with any information, please give us a call and let us deal with it.”
Contact Highgate Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2673.