Mum and baby targeted in daylight robbery
A YOUNG woman walking with her baby has been targeted in another daylight robbery in Primrose Hill. The 26-year-old had her watch stolen as she we walked along St Edmund s Terrace just after midday on Tuesday. It comes after the Wood and Vale reported las
A YOUNG woman walking with her baby has been targeted in another daylight robbery in Primrose Hill.
The 26-year-old had her watch stolen as she we walked along St Edmund's Terrace just after midday on Tuesday.
It comes after the Wood and Vale reported last week how two lone women walking their dogs near Primrose Hill were targeted by teenage gangs suspected of being armed with knives. Fearing they would be stabbed, the victims were forced to hand over their personal possessions.
In Tuesday's incident a black man, aged around 20, ran up behind the victim, grabbed her arm and tried to pull her watch off her wrist. He took it and then ran to meet his accomplice who was waiting on a nearby motorcycle.
You may also want to watch:
The pair sped of along Ormonde Terrace alongside Primrose Hill. Thankfully, the shocked victim and her baby were left unharmed.
The rider of the motorcycle was a white teenager, aged 16- 18 years old.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
It is not the first time a pair of robbers have targeted lone women in wealthy parts of London. Last week two men Matthew, 27 and Daniel Mykoo, 28 were convicted of a string of strangulation robberies on wealthy women in affluent neighbourhoods including St John's Wood, Belsize Park and Hampstead.
Camden police are investigating the incident. Anyone with information can call 020-7404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. No arrests have been made.