Muggers on bikes target Highgate schoolboys
SCHOOLBOYS in Highgate are on alert after robbers struck three times within a few minutes. The teenage victims from Highgate School were all threatened and had their mobile phones taken by what is thought to be the same pair of robbers on mountain bikes.
SCHOOLBOYS in Highgate are on alert after robbers struck three times within a few minutes.
The teenage victims from Highgate School were all threatened and had their mobile phones taken by what is thought to be the same pair of robbers on mountain bikes.
The robbers targeted their victims in Pond Square and Highgate West Hill as they made their way home from school on November 14, and there are fears the culprit could strike again.
Deputy headteacher at Highgate school Todd Lindsay said: "The boys were challenged by two youths and did the sensible thing and handed over their phones, then came back to the school where it was reported to police."
It is not the first time Highgate pupils have been targeted by youths from outside the village who may see the pupils as easy prey.
"We have a full programme of advice which we give during our assemblies and workshops," said Mr Lindsay. "We do role-plays and our senior pupils get involved to help the younger ones handle these issues.
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
"Our advice is based on that of the local police team. We tell them not to display their valuables and to be alert to the world around you.
"If you are challenged, don't resist and always bear in mind your own safety. But this is not just for pupils in Highgate - it is important for children across London."
The suspects are thought to be aged around 17 and between 5ft 10in and 6ft tall. Anyone should call 020-7404 1212.