MTV presenter Laura Whitmore donates frocks for auction to Hampstead Oxfam
- Credit: Archant
Glamorous TV presenter Laura Whitmore dropped off unwanted dresses from her own wardrobe at Oxfam in Hampstead recently to launch a fundraising campaign for the charity.
The 27-year-old MTV Europe presenter donated a number of stylish frocks – including a lemon 1960s style mini-dress – to the store in Gayton Road for the public to bid on via the Oxfam eBay site tomorrow.
The donation is in support of the Tag Your Bag scheme, launched by Oxfam tomorrow in partnership with loyalty card scheme Nectar.
Customers who sign up will be able to earn two Nectar points for every £1 raised when items they have donated to Oxfam stores are sold, along with 100 Nectar points just for signing up.
Ms Whitmore said: “I think this is a great new initiative and I’ll definitely be clearing out my house more frequently from now on.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d really like to encourage everyone to delve deep into their cupboards to find quality items they no longer need or want and donate these through Tag Your Bag to help Oxfam to continue its crucial work.”
If you’d like to bid on Ms Whitmore’s dresses and raise money for Oxfam, visit www.ebay.co.uk/oxfam from 10am tomorrow.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres