MTV presenter Laura Whitmore donates frocks for auction to Hampstead Oxfam
- Credit: Archant
Glamorous TV presenter Laura Whitmore dropped off unwanted dresses from her own wardrobe at Oxfam in Hampstead recently to launch a fundraising campaign for the charity.
The 27-year-old MTV Europe presenter donated a number of stylish frocks – including a lemon 1960s style mini-dress – to the store in Gayton Road for the public to bid on via the Oxfam eBay site tomorrow.
The donation is in support of the Tag Your Bag scheme, launched by Oxfam tomorrow in partnership with loyalty card scheme Nectar.
Customers who sign up will be able to earn two Nectar points for every £1 raised when items they have donated to Oxfam stores are sold, along with 100 Nectar points just for signing up.
Ms Whitmore said: “I think this is a great new initiative and I’ll definitely be clearing out my house more frequently from now on.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d really like to encourage everyone to delve deep into their cupboards to find quality items they no longer need or want and donate these through Tag Your Bag to help Oxfam to continue its crucial work.”
If you’d like to bid on Ms Whitmore’s dresses and raise money for Oxfam, visit www.ebay.co.uk/oxfam from 10am tomorrow.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory