MP Lynne signs up to help organ donation appeals
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone signed up to be an organ donor last Saturday at an action day organised by Tottenham and Wood Green Rotary Club in Wood Green Shopping City to encourage local residents to sign up for organ donation. Accordin
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone signed up to be an organ donor last Saturday at an action day organised by Tottenham and Wood Green Rotary Club in Wood Green Shopping City to encourage local residents to sign up for organ donation.
According to official NHS statistics over 400 people died last year whilst waiting for a donor organ.
Anyone who missed the opportunity to sign up on Saturday can register to become a donor online by visiting www.uktransplant.org.uk or calling 0845 60 60 400
Lynne Featherstone MP commented: "Hats off to our local Rotary Club for giving up their spare time for such a worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
"They certainly found one new recruit. I've always been a bit squeamish about contemplating my own death so I've put off and put off signing up for organ donation so today was the day.
"I hope other Wood Green shoppers will have been as encouraged as I was to sign up for such an important and potentially life saving gift.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill