MP Lynne signs up to help organ donation appeals
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone signed up to be an organ donor last Saturday at an action day organised by Tottenham and Wood Green Rotary Club in Wood Green Shopping City to encourage local residents to sign up for organ donation. Accordin
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone signed up to be an organ donor last Saturday at an action day organised by Tottenham and Wood Green Rotary Club in Wood Green Shopping City to encourage local residents to sign up for organ donation.
According to official NHS statistics over 400 people died last year whilst waiting for a donor organ.
Anyone who missed the opportunity to sign up on Saturday can register to become a donor online by visiting www.uktransplant.org.uk or calling 0845 60 60 400
Lynne Featherstone MP commented: "Hats off to our local Rotary Club for giving up their spare time for such a worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
"They certainly found one new recruit. I've always been a bit squeamish about contemplating my own death so I've put off and put off signing up for organ donation so today was the day.
"I hope other Wood Green shoppers will have been as encouraged as I was to sign up for such an important and potentially life saving gift.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper