MP Lynne signs up to help organ donation appeals
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone signed up to be an organ donor last Saturday at an action day organised by Tottenham and Wood Green Rotary Club in Wood Green Shopping City to encourage local residents to sign up for organ donation. Accordin
Hornsey and Wood Green MP Lynne Featherstone signed up to be an organ donor last Saturday at an action day organised by Tottenham and Wood Green Rotary Club in Wood Green Shopping City to encourage local residents to sign up for organ donation.
According to official NHS statistics over 400 people died last year whilst waiting for a donor organ.
Anyone who missed the opportunity to sign up on Saturday can register to become a donor online by visiting www.uktransplant.org.uk or calling 0845 60 60 400
Lynne Featherstone MP commented: "Hats off to our local Rotary Club for giving up their spare time for such a worthwhile cause.
You may also want to watch:
"They certainly found one new recruit. I've always been a bit squeamish about contemplating my own death so I've put off and put off signing up for organ donation so today was the day.
"I hope other Wood Green shoppers will have been as encouraged as I was to sign up for such an important and potentially life saving gift.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 8 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears