MP Glenda Jackson should be target for editorial criticism
I was surprised by the Ham&High s ill-judged editorial contrasting ex-Cllr Thompson s behaviour unfavourably with Hamstead s MP, Glenda Jackson (Resignation calls are a distraction, H&H Comment September 25). Whilst I too regret the mistaken and clumsy i
I was surprised by the Ham&High's ill-judged editorial contrasting ex-Cllr Thompson's behaviour unfavourably with Hamstead's MP, Glenda Jackson (Resignation calls are a distraction, H&H Comment September 25).
Whilst I too regret the mistaken and clumsy indecision over Mr Thompson's departure, his behaviour was for self-improvement and it was resolved within weeks. He was one of three ward councillors out of more than 50 in Camden, where we share the load of local decision taking.
Contrast that with MP Glenda: She is the sole representative at Westminster for tens of thousands of residents on national issues. Her 'light touch' presence has dragged on for years, not weeks. Unlike Mr Thompson, she broke the law and a large sum of money was at issue.
It is Glenda's cloak of invisibility that should bear the brunt of your editorial's scorn. And wasn't Linda Chung's victory, in contrast to your report of downbeat prospects for the Lib Dems, an embarrassment, with hindsight? It just goes to show: you can't keep a good woman down!
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Braithwaite
Lib Dem, Cantelowes Ward
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 9 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?