MP Glenda Jackson should be target for editorial criticism
I was surprised by the Ham&High s ill-judged editorial contrasting ex-Cllr Thompson s behaviour unfavourably with Hamstead s MP, Glenda Jackson (Resignation calls are a distraction, H&H Comment September 25). Whilst I too regret the mistaken and clumsy i
I was surprised by the Ham&High's ill-judged editorial contrasting ex-Cllr Thompson's behaviour unfavourably with Hamstead's MP, Glenda Jackson (Resignation calls are a distraction, H&H Comment September 25).
Whilst I too regret the mistaken and clumsy indecision over Mr Thompson's departure, his behaviour was for self-improvement and it was resolved within weeks. He was one of three ward councillors out of more than 50 in Camden, where we share the load of local decision taking.
Contrast that with MP Glenda: She is the sole representative at Westminster for tens of thousands of residents on national issues. Her 'light touch' presence has dragged on for years, not weeks. Unlike Mr Thompson, she broke the law and a large sum of money was at issue.
It is Glenda's cloak of invisibility that should bear the brunt of your editorial's scorn. And wasn't Linda Chung's victory, in contrast to your report of downbeat prospects for the Lib Dems, an embarrassment, with hindsight? It just goes to show: you can't keep a good woman down!
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Braithwaite
Lib Dem, Cantelowes Ward
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband