MP Glenda Jackson should be target for editorial criticism
I was surprised by the Ham&High s ill-judged editorial contrasting ex-Cllr Thompson s behaviour unfavourably with Hamstead s MP, Glenda Jackson (Resignation calls are a distraction, H&H Comment September 25). Whilst I too regret the mistaken and clumsy i
I was surprised by the Ham&High's ill-judged editorial contrasting ex-Cllr Thompson's behaviour unfavourably with Hamstead's MP, Glenda Jackson (Resignation calls are a distraction, H&H Comment September 25).
Whilst I too regret the mistaken and clumsy indecision over Mr Thompson's departure, his behaviour was for self-improvement and it was resolved within weeks. He was one of three ward councillors out of more than 50 in Camden, where we share the load of local decision taking.
Contrast that with MP Glenda: She is the sole representative at Westminster for tens of thousands of residents on national issues. Her 'light touch' presence has dragged on for years, not weeks. Unlike Mr Thompson, she broke the law and a large sum of money was at issue.
It is Glenda's cloak of invisibility that should bear the brunt of your editorial's scorn. And wasn't Linda Chung's victory, in contrast to your report of downbeat prospects for the Lib Dems, an embarrassment, with hindsight? It just goes to show: you can't keep a good woman down!
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Paul Braithwaite
Lib Dem, Cantelowes Ward
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill