Mouse droppings found in Gordon Ramsay gastro pub
TV CHEF Gordon Ramsay is facing his own kitchen nightmare after mouse droppings were discovered at his swanky Maida Vale eatery. The notoriously foul-mouthed Scot was ordered to take immediate action on his rodent problem after faeces was found under the
TV CHEF Gordon Ramsay is facing his own kitchen nightmare after mouse droppings were discovered at his swanky Maida Vale eatery.
The notoriously foul-mouthed Scot was ordered to take immediate action on his rodent problem after faeces was found under the kitchen sink at exclusive gastro-pub The Warrington.
After visiting the restaurant in Warrington Crescent, health inspectors from Westminster Council marked the issue as 'immediate and ongoing.' Environmental health officer Deborah Plume called for "appropriate treatment methods" to be used immediately to "eliminate these pests."
Inspectors also ordered the restaurant to clean its dirty floors following the inspection in April.
The revelations are the latest embarrassment for the chef who has come under tabloid scrutiny this year following accusations of infidelity and serving ready-meals in his high-class restaurants.
Customers have recoiled in shock at the news. Hannah Ellis, 36, a recent diner, said: "I can't believe it. For someone who has made millions from criticising other restaurants you would expect him to have his own house in order."
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
The chef recently admitted his business was in trouble after annual profits plummeted from �3m to just �400,000.
A spokeswoman for Mr Ramsay said: "A mouse found on the premises was quickly trapped and did not go near any food.