Motorists celebrate after council does U-turn on parking signs
MOTORISTS confused by parking signs in Muswell Hill and Crouch End are celebrating after a forced U-turn by Haringey Council. After months of denying there was anything wrong, the council has replaced 12 signs in Crouch End and 10 in Muswell Hill. Motoris
MOTORISTS confused by parking signs in Muswell Hill and Crouch End are celebrating after a forced U-turn by Haringey Council.
After months of denying there was anything wrong, the council has replaced 12 signs in Crouch End and 10 in Muswell Hill.
Motorists were confused by the times they were allowed to park in controlled parking zones and many ended up being ticketed.
Lib Dem transport spokesman, Councillor Martin Newton, wrote to the Department of Transport after requests from motorists who had fallen foul of the signs.
You may also want to watch:
The DfT then confirmed that Haringey's signs failed to conform to traffic regulations.
Cllr Newton said: "This is a great result to get the Labour council to finally change these signs and make parking times clearer for residents and visitors. I hope this will teach them not to put up signs which fail to show people clearly when they can or cannot park.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched