Motorists celebrate after council does U-turn on parking signs
MOTORISTS confused by parking signs in Muswell Hill and Crouch End are celebrating after a forced U-turn by Haringey Council. After months of denying there was anything wrong, the council has replaced 12 signs in Crouch End and 10 in Muswell Hill. Motoris
MOTORISTS confused by parking signs in Muswell Hill and Crouch End are celebrating after a forced U-turn by Haringey Council.
After months of denying there was anything wrong, the council has replaced 12 signs in Crouch End and 10 in Muswell Hill.
Motorists were confused by the times they were allowed to park in controlled parking zones and many ended up being ticketed.
Lib Dem transport spokesman, Councillor Martin Newton, wrote to the Department of Transport after requests from motorists who had fallen foul of the signs.
You may also want to watch:
The DfT then confirmed that Haringey's signs failed to conform to traffic regulations.
Cllr Newton said: "This is a great result to get the Labour council to finally change these signs and make parking times clearer for residents and visitors. I hope this will teach them not to put up signs which fail to show people clearly when they can or cannot park.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans