Archway Road crash: Appeal for witnesses after 30-year-old motorcyclist killed
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are asking for witnesses to come forward after a motorcyclist was killed in Highgate on Sunday afternoon.
Police were called at 3.08pm after a collision between a blue Mazda and a motorbike in Archway Road, near the junction with Church Road.
London Air Ambulance and the London Ambulance Service attended, but the 30-year-old rider was pronounced dead at the scene just after 4pm.
His next-of-kin have been informed, but formal identification has not taken place.
The driver of the car was taken to an east London hospital for treatment, although her injuries were not though to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Jose-Paulo Qureshi, from the serious collision investigation unit said: "I would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this collision or the moments leading up to it.
"Despite the efforts of the emergency services, a man has lost his life and we need to establish what happened.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
"I am also appealing to anyone who captured the collision on dash cam to contact us."
There has been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at the Alperton Traffic Garage on 020 8991 9555 quoting reference CAD 4550 of Nov 17.