Motorcyclist and passenger airlifted to hospital after crash on Highgate Hill
A motorcyclist and their passenger had to be airlifted to hospital following a crash on Highgate Hill.
Emergency services were called to the scene after reports that a motorbike and a blue BMW estate car had collided near the junction with Cholmeley Park in Highgate.
Police say they were alerted to the crash by London Ambulance Service at 6.45pm on Wednesday.
A London Air Ambulance helicopter arrived to take the casualties to a hospital in east London, where the passenger on the motorbike was treated for non-life threatening head injuries.
Road closures were put in place from Hornsey Lane until 8.30pm, causing severe delays for motorists during rush hour traffic.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests were made.
This is the third incident in Highgate Hill in recent months.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
A bus is believed to have crashed into a lamp post and an old bollard was destroyed by a vehicle.