Motorcyclist and passenger airlifted to hospital after crash on Highgate Hill
A motorcyclist and their passenger had to be airlifted to hospital following a crash on Highgate Hill.
Emergency services were called to the scene after reports that a motorbike and a blue BMW estate car had collided near the junction with Cholmeley Park in Highgate.
Police say they were alerted to the crash by London Ambulance Service at 6.45pm on Wednesday.
A London Air Ambulance helicopter arrived to take the casualties to a hospital in east London, where the passenger on the motorbike was treated for non-life threatening head injuries.
Road closures were put in place from Hornsey Lane until 8.30pm, causing severe delays for motorists during rush hour traffic.
No arrests were made.
This is the third incident in Highgate Hill in recent months.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 4 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 5 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 8 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 9 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 10 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
A bus is believed to have crashed into a lamp post and an old bollard was destroyed by a vehicle.