Motorcyclist and passenger airlifted to hospital after crash on Highgate Hill
A motorcyclist and their passenger had to be airlifted to hospital following a crash on Highgate Hill.
Emergency services were called to the scene after reports that a motorbike and a blue BMW estate car had collided near the junction with Cholmeley Park in Highgate.
Police say they were alerted to the crash by London Ambulance Service at 6.45pm on Wednesday.
A London Air Ambulance helicopter arrived to take the casualties to a hospital in east London, where the passenger on the motorbike was treated for non-life threatening head injuries.
Road closures were put in place from Hornsey Lane until 8.30pm, causing severe delays for motorists during rush hour traffic.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests were made.
This is the third incident in Highgate Hill in recent months.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
A bus is believed to have crashed into a lamp post and an old bollard was destroyed by a vehicle.