Motorcyclist and passenger airlifted to hospital after crash on Highgate Hill
A motorcyclist and their passenger had to be airlifted to hospital following a crash on Highgate Hill.
Emergency services were called to the scene after reports that a motorbike and a blue BMW estate car had collided near the junction with Cholmeley Park in Highgate.
Police say they were alerted to the crash by London Ambulance Service at 6.45pm on Wednesday.
A London Air Ambulance helicopter arrived to take the casualties to a hospital in east London, where the passenger on the motorbike was treated for non-life threatening head injuries.
Road closures were put in place from Hornsey Lane until 8.30pm, causing severe delays for motorists during rush hour traffic.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests were made.
This is the third incident in Highgate Hill in recent months.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
A bus is believed to have crashed into a lamp post and an old bollard was destroyed by a vehicle.