Motorcyclist and passenger airlifted to hospital after crash on Highgate Hill
A motorcyclist and their passenger had to be airlifted to hospital following a crash on Highgate Hill.
Emergency services were called to the scene after reports that a motorbike and a blue BMW estate car had collided near the junction with Cholmeley Park in Highgate.
Police say they were alerted to the crash by London Ambulance Service at 6.45pm on Wednesday.
A London Air Ambulance helicopter arrived to take the casualties to a hospital in east London, where the passenger on the motorbike was treated for non-life threatening head injuries.
Road closures were put in place from Hornsey Lane until 8.30pm, causing severe delays for motorists during rush hour traffic.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests were made.
This is the third incident in Highgate Hill in recent months.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 4 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
A bus is believed to have crashed into a lamp post and an old bollard was destroyed by a vehicle.