Motorcyclist, 35, rushed to Royal Free with serious head injuires
A 35-year-old man was rushed to the Royal Free Hospital today after suffering serious head injuries in a motorbike accident. The London Ambulance Service and police attended the scene just after 1.10pm today to reports of a road accident involving a car
A 35-year-old man was rushed to the Royal Free Hospital today after suffering serious head injuries in a motorbike accident.
The London Ambulance Service and police attended the scene just after 1.10pm today to reports of a road accident involving a car and a motorbike.
The incident happened at the junction of Woodside Avenue with Great North Road, Highgate.
An emergency helicopter attended the scene, but the injured man was taken to Hampstead's Royal Free by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed Great North Road between Woodside Avenue and the A1 junction after the accident and it remains shut.
A spokesman for the LAS said: "We can confirm that we were called at 1.11pm today (March 9) to reports of a road traffic accident involving a motorcycle and a car on Woodside Avenue, N6.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 House Tour Gayton Road: Split-level mid-century gem in Hampstead
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 9 In numbers: the Covid-19 vaccine roll-out in north London
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
"We sent a fast response car, an ambulance crew, a duty manager and the air ambulance to the scene.
"Our staff treated a man reported to be 35 for serious head injuries. The patient was taken by ground ambulance to the Royal Free Hospital escorted by the doctor from the air ambulance.