Motorcyclist, 35, rushed to Royal Free with serious head injuires
A 35-year-old man was rushed to the Royal Free Hospital today after suffering serious head injuries in a motorbike accident. The London Ambulance Service and police attended the scene just after 1.10pm today to reports of a road accident involving a car
A 35-year-old man was rushed to the Royal Free Hospital today after suffering serious head injuries in a motorbike accident.
The London Ambulance Service and police attended the scene just after 1.10pm today to reports of a road accident involving a car and a motorbike.
The incident happened at the junction of Woodside Avenue with Great North Road, Highgate.
An emergency helicopter attended the scene, but the injured man was taken to Hampstead's Royal Free by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed Great North Road between Woodside Avenue and the A1 junction after the accident and it remains shut.
A spokesman for the LAS said: "We can confirm that we were called at 1.11pm today (March 9) to reports of a road traffic accident involving a motorcycle and a car on Woodside Avenue, N6.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 4 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
"We sent a fast response car, an ambulance crew, a duty manager and the air ambulance to the scene.
"Our staff treated a man reported to be 35 for serious head injuries. The patient was taken by ground ambulance to the Royal Free Hospital escorted by the doctor from the air ambulance.