Mother of tragic TV presenter Mark Speight found dead
THE mother of tragic children's TV presenter Mark Speight has died after suffering a suspected stroke. Jacqueline Speight, 62, was found dead by her youngest son at her home in Wolverhampton on Thursday. Friends say she was heartbroken after the death of
THE mother of tragic children's TV presenter Mark Speight has died after suffering a suspected stroke.
Jacqueline Speight, 62, was found dead by her youngest son at her home in Wolverhampton on Thursday.
Friends say she was heartbroken after the death of Mr Speight, 42, who hung himself near Paddington railway station in April this year.
It is widely believed he was unable to come to terms with the accidental death of his fiancee and fellow presenter, Natasha Collins, 31.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Speight found Miss Collins' body in the bath at the flat the couple shared in St John's Wood following an alcohol and cocaine binge in January. An inquest five days before the discovery of Mr Speight's body, found she died from cocaine toxicity and immersion in hot water.
Family friends said his mother had been "deeply affected" by the deaths and had not been well recently.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
Mr Speight hosted the BBC's show SMart.