Mother of tragic TV presenter Mark Speight found dead
THE mother of tragic children's TV presenter Mark Speight has died after suffering a suspected stroke. Jacqueline Speight, 62, was found dead by her youngest son at her home in Wolverhampton on Thursday. Friends say she was heartbroken after the death of
THE mother of tragic children's TV presenter Mark Speight has died after suffering a suspected stroke.
Jacqueline Speight, 62, was found dead by her youngest son at her home in Wolverhampton on Thursday.
Friends say she was heartbroken after the death of Mr Speight, 42, who hung himself near Paddington railway station in April this year.
It is widely believed he was unable to come to terms with the accidental death of his fiancee and fellow presenter, Natasha Collins, 31.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Speight found Miss Collins' body in the bath at the flat the couple shared in St John's Wood following an alcohol and cocaine binge in January. An inquest five days before the discovery of Mr Speight's body, found she died from cocaine toxicity and immersion in hot water.
Family friends said his mother had been "deeply affected" by the deaths and had not been well recently.
- 1 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 2 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 Lockdown easing 'super positive' for West Hampstead shops
- 8 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 9 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 10 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
Mr Speight hosted the BBC's show SMart.