Mother of five jailed for hoax bomb calls
A MUM-of-five from Highgate has been jailed for carrying out a campaign of hoax calls to emergency services over 17 years. Claire McMenemy, 38 of Church Road, made prank calls including claims that a bomb had been planted at Heathrow s Terminal Two and th
A MUM-of-five from Highgate has been jailed for carrying out a campaign of hoax calls to emergency services over 17 years.
Claire McMenemy, 38 of Church Road, made prank calls including claims that a bomb had been planted at Heathrow's Terminal Two and that someone had been stabbed in an airport car park.
She was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court last Friday to three years behind bars and slapped with an ASBO banning her from entering any of London's airports for life.
Her husband of 10 years died in 2000 and she has been in and out of prison, the court heard. Kuljeet Dobe, in mitigation, said McMenemy had five children, the eldest of whom lived with her mother while the other four had been adopted.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Hezlett Colgan told her: "The time has come for you to be punished.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds