Mother and daughter evacuated in flat blaze
A MOTHER and her young daughter were rescued from their home in the middle of the night after a fire swept through a block of flats in St John s Wood. Police are investigating after the blaze in Besant House in Boundary Road at 00.44 on Sunday. A single m
A MOTHER and her young daughter were rescued from their home in the middle of the night after a fire swept through a block of flats in St John's Wood.
Police are investigating after the blaze in Besant House in Boundary Road at 00.44 on Sunday.
A single mother and her nine-year-old daughter were rescued from their flat and have since been moved out.
Crews from Paddington, Hampstead and Belsize fire stations fought for almost an hour to put out the flames, which badly damaged the second floor apartment.
You may also want to watch:
Police called to investigate the incident confirmed the fortunate pair escaped uninjured but refused to comment on the cause of the fire.
Det Sgt Joe Lumley of Camden Police said: "The matter is being investigated and I cannot comment on the cause of the fire at this stage".
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper