Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- Credit: Morrisons/Tim Kavanagh
Morrisons supermarket has opened its new "market kitchen" store in Chalk Farm.
The smaller temporary shop opened last Thursday (February 11) in Chalk Farm Road, near its former store which is being rebuilt as part of the Camden Goods Yard housing development, next to Camden Market.
The "market kitchen" will sell fresh takeaway items such as hot and cold meals, vegan food, grilled sandwiches, milkshakes and waffles.
The replacement shop, which includes a pharmacy, was opened by three staff who have worked at the Chalk Farm Morrisons since it started in the 1990s.
Store manager Michael Burrnett said: “We are pleased to open our temporary store while our existing store is being rebuilt.
“We know it involves some changes for our customers but are excited to be able to offer our Market Street meals to our customers.”
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue