Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- Credit: Morrisons/Tim Kavanagh
Morrisons supermarket has opened its new "market kitchen" store in Chalk Farm.
The smaller temporary shop opened last Thursday (February 11) in Chalk Farm Road, near its former store which is being rebuilt as part of the Camden Goods Yard housing development, next to Camden Market.
The "market kitchen" will sell fresh takeaway items such as hot and cold meals, vegan food, grilled sandwiches, milkshakes and waffles.
The replacement shop, which includes a pharmacy, was opened by three staff who have worked at the Chalk Farm Morrisons since it started in the 1990s.
Store manager Michael Burrnett said: “We are pleased to open our temporary store while our existing store is being rebuilt.
You may also want to watch:
“We know it involves some changes for our customers but are excited to be able to offer our Market Street meals to our customers.”
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 West Hampstead families enjoy birds of prey display