Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- Credit: Morrisons/Tim Kavanagh
Morrisons supermarket has opened its new "market kitchen" store in Chalk Farm.
The smaller temporary shop opened last Thursday (February 11) in Chalk Farm Road, near its former store which is being rebuilt as part of the Camden Goods Yard housing development, next to Camden Market.
The "market kitchen" will sell fresh takeaway items such as hot and cold meals, vegan food, grilled sandwiches, milkshakes and waffles.
The replacement shop, which includes a pharmacy, was opened by three staff who have worked at the Chalk Farm Morrisons since it started in the 1990s.
Store manager Michael Burrnett said: “We are pleased to open our temporary store while our existing store is being rebuilt.
You may also want to watch:
“We know it involves some changes for our customers but are excited to be able to offer our Market Street meals to our customers.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden