Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- Credit: Morrisons/Tim Kavanagh
Morrisons supermarket has opened its new "market kitchen" store in Chalk Farm.
The smaller temporary shop opened last Thursday (February 11) in Chalk Farm Road, near its former store which is being rebuilt as part of the Camden Goods Yard housing development, next to Camden Market.
The "market kitchen" will sell fresh takeaway items such as hot and cold meals, vegan food, grilled sandwiches, milkshakes and waffles.
The replacement shop, which includes a pharmacy, was opened by three staff who have worked at the Chalk Farm Morrisons since it started in the 1990s.
Store manager Michael Burrnett said: “We are pleased to open our temporary store while our existing store is being rebuilt.
You may also want to watch:
“We know it involves some changes for our customers but are excited to be able to offer our Market Street meals to our customers.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 6 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 10 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm