More than 60 free sport sessions in Westminster this weekend
There are more than 200 hours of free sporting activities on offer across Westminster this weekend.
The ActiveWestminster Weekend, running on Saturday and Sunday, gives people the opportunity to try out a new sport, taster classes, or simply get fit and healthy.
With more than 60 different free sessions running, people have the chance to try out more than 12 sports, as well as getting free access to gyms, pools and leisure facilities in the borough.
The sessions are open to Westminster residents of all ages and abilities, with activities including yoga, free health assessments, indoor volleyball, martial arts, climbing, water polo, and trampolining.
On top of that there is also the chance to try out favourites such as football, swimming, tennis and badminton.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Steve Summers, Westminster Council’s cabinet member for sports and leisure, said: “This is a great excuse to get active in Westminster this weekend, be that whether you want to try out a new sport for the first time or if you just fancy taking the kids for a swim.
“Following the success of this year’s London Olympics, it is important we give people as many opportunities as possible to get involved in sport.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 10 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
“We are fortunate to have some fantastic facilities in Westminster and with this programme of events there really is something for everyone.”
For more information on the events, visit www.westminster.gov.uk/activeweekend.