More of your letters on Baby P: the case that shocked the nation
Sadly, it is now clear that lessons were not learned following the Victoria Climbie case in 2000. How can children be protected from dysfunctional family situations? Technically all councillors, Lib Dem as well as Labour, are guardians of the children Har
Sadly, it is now clear that lessons were not learned following the Victoria Climbie case in 2000. How can children be protected from dysfunctional family situations?
Technically all councillors, Lib Dem as well as Labour, are guardians of the children Haringey looks after, but Haringey Council is overriding this. On Sunday Labour councillors held a meeting to discuss the case of Baby P - but almost half the councillors of Haringey were excluded, so how can they possibly exercise their statutory function?
It appears that Lib Dem councillors are being prevented from carrying out even their retrospective duty to investigate this tragedy, and the standards of care of other children in Haringey's so-called 'care'.
This is a scandal, a blatant, anti-democratic cover up.
You may also want to watch:
Wisdom says that a house divided against itself cannot stand. When will the governance of Haringey be run in the interests of all of its people?
John Waller (ARIBA)
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
The Drive, N11
I wonder how the social workers, team leaders and the head of Haringey's children's services can sleep at night, not just because of the death of helpless Baby P, but for all his suffering prior to his death.
How could anyone have assumed that missing fingernails, multiple briuising and obvious pain could all be accidental?
It should not be a case of any one person resigning - there should be wholesale sackings.