More letters in praise of British Military Fitness training
I have been attending British Military Fitness classes on Hampstead Heath for some three and a half years and have not once in that time done a class led by any bellowing drill sergeant or been subject to or witnessed any tough tactics . BMF sess
I have been attending British Military Fitness classes on Hampstead Heath for some three and a half years and have not once in that time done a class led by any ''bellowing drill sergeant'' or been subject to or witnessed any 'tough tactics'. BMF sessions are excellently-organised, well structured and highly efficient and have helped me surpass all my training goals. If women undertaking Ms Georgiades's classes want to be patronised or fear breaking a sweat, they should probably stick with it. If they want to get properly fit amongst like-minded people with properly qualified instructors, they should give BMF a go.
Associate , Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, City Road, EC1
When I joined BMF I could barely run to the chip shop. Last Sunday I ran my first marathon, a tough, hilly course in Loch Ness, and achieved a very respectable time, which I could never have done without the BMF classes and support of the instructors.
You may also want to watch:
I have made lots of friends and am inspired by each class I attend. Yes the groups are large, and because of this there is a great feeling of comradery. When you are pushed to your physical limits, you can break through the wall because there is the feeling that we are all in it together. We wear bibs with numbers, but the instructors know our names, and socialise after a session.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
Athenaeum Place, N10
One reason I find BMF sessions enjoyable is the personal feel the classes provide. Even where group sizes are occasionally large, there is always a genuine sense of fun and camaraderie. Obviously the sessions are still gruelling - that is the whole point, but I think your journalist has neglected to reflect how sociable and friendly BMF is during and outside of the sessions.
Community Programme Manager Deloitte & Touche Ltd