Moped robbers target Belsize residents
Violent robbers have targeted residents in Belsize Park in what detectives believe could be another series of linked attacks. Three victims, two men and one woman, were targeted by two men on a moped in the space of five days earlier this month on Eton Av
Violent robbers have targeted residents in Belsize Park in what detectives believe could be another series of linked attacks.
Three victims, two men and one woman, were targeted by two men on a moped in the space of five days earlier this month on Eton Avenue and Belsize Square.
The attacks come after a gunman robbed up to eight victims in Belsize earlier this year but police are not linking the two series of muggings.
On Saturday May 16 a man was punched and forced to hand over his property as he walked home along Eton Avenue. The following day a 55-year-old man who was trying to park his car in Belsize Square was head butted by one of the two attackers before robbing him of his vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The moped riders struck again on Thursday May 20 targeting a 59-year-old woman who was cycling along Eton Avenue. She was pushed to the ground and forced to give up her hand bag.
In each case the two attackers wore crash helmets to cover their faces.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Acting Det Insp Iain Maddison from Camden's Robbery Squad said: "We are investigating a series of robberies, which have all involved a moped and may be linked. We urge the community to remain vigilant and contact police if they see anyone behaving suspiciously in the area."
Police have arrested a suspect in connection to the gun muggings. No arrests have been made in connection with the latest series of robberies.
Anyone with information is urged to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.