Monty Python add four extra dates for reunion show after tickets go in 43.5 seconds
- Credit: Getty Images
Monty Python have added an extra four dates for their live comeback show at London’s 02 Arena next July after tickets for the first show sold out in less than a minute.
Thousands of fans jammed ticketing websites from 10am today in the hope of getting their hands on tickets for the cult comedy group’s first performance together in 30 years.
But tickets for the July 1 reunion performance at the O2 Arena sold out in 43.5 seconds.
However, the Pythons have since added extra shows for July 2, 3, 4 and 5 at the venue in Greenwich.
The five surviving Pythons, including Gospel Oak resident Michael Palin and Highgate-based Terry Jones, delighted fans by revealing plans for a reunion last week.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, the Ham&High revealed it was Trey Parker and Matt Stone - creators of hit US comedy series South Park - who persuaded the five surviving Pythons, now all in their 70s, to reunite.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 9 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83