Monty Python add four extra dates for reunion show after tickets go in 43.5 seconds
- Credit: Getty Images
Monty Python have added an extra four dates for their live comeback show at London’s 02 Arena next July after tickets for the first show sold out in less than a minute.
Thousands of fans jammed ticketing websites from 10am today in the hope of getting their hands on tickets for the cult comedy group’s first performance together in 30 years.
But tickets for the July 1 reunion performance at the O2 Arena sold out in 43.5 seconds.
However, the Pythons have since added extra shows for July 2, 3, 4 and 5 at the venue in Greenwich.
The five surviving Pythons, including Gospel Oak resident Michael Palin and Highgate-based Terry Jones, delighted fans by revealing plans for a reunion last week.
You may also want to watch:
On Thursday, the Ham&High revealed it was Trey Parker and Matt Stone - creators of hit US comedy series South Park - who persuaded the five surviving Pythons, now all in their 70s, to reunite.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub