Modric ‘gives Spurs oxygen’, says Palacios
WILSON Palacios believes that Luka Modric ‘gives Spurs oxygen’, and the Honduran midfielder supports Slaven Bilic’s view that the Croatia international was born with wing mirrors.
Modric is currently in the best form of his Spurs career, and he continues to astound his team-mates with his touch, balance, skill and vision.
“I heard his national manager Slaven Bilic once said that he has wing mirrors, and he’s right, he definitely does have wing mirrors,” said Palacios.
“What he does is he gives us oxygen. He opens the game out and by opening the game out he can then play balls through and make it easier for us to play, and it’s a pleasure to play next to him.
“For me he’s one of the best players in the world. I’ve got him as a team-mate and I also play next to him.
“He’s just one of the easiest players to play with and obviously one of the best players, in my opinion, in the Premier League at the moment.”
Assistant manager Kevin Bond added: “Luka is the most low-maintenance player you could ever meet, he’s just such a lovely guy.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 8 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 9 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 10 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
“He’s no trouble, he does anything you ask him to do in training, and he does it all with a smile on his face. He’s a really good player, a proper player, who’s back playing to the top of his form again.”
Modric continues to be linked with a move away from White Hart Lane in the future, and a number of Europe’s big guns are known to admire the playmaker.
However the 25-year-old, who signed a new six-year contract in May, insists that there is little value in speculating about his future.
“There’s no truth in all these rumours,” he said. “The only truth is that I’m a Tottenham player and I’m happy to be where I am. I’m fully focused on my job.
“Following my arrival in 2008 every transfer window is the same. Newspapers are always talking about me moving away.
“The story is always the same – Chelsea, Manchester United, Barcelona and so on. Every time it’s the same stories and I even saw them last June when I signed my new contract with Tottenham!
“Who knows what the future will bring, but I’m a Tottenham player and I’m happy to be at White Hart Lane.”
You can see the full interview with Wilson Palacios on Spurs TV Online.