Mo the merrier as hunt is on for top moustache in Highgate Village Movember challenge
This month men up and down the country have been ditching their razors and growing moustaches in aid of Movember.
Now the craze has hit Highgate as traders in the village adopt the whiskered look to help raise awareness of prostate and testicular cancer.
On Friday, their facial hair – which ranges from trim ’taches to full-blown handlebars – will be judged.
The best bristles will win a wet shave at hairdressers BBC3 Hair Studios in Highgate High Street as well as a scarf from Highgate Knitters.
Mark Newton, of Taylor Gibbs estate agent, said: “I initially decided to grow a mo for Movember in memory of my father who died from various complications related to Parkinson’s and to raise awareness of this terrible disease.
You may also want to watch:
“At the same time it was suggested that both myself and my colleague, Miles Ponder, grow a mo in aid of prostate and testicular cancer to which we both readily agreed.
“We started a little later than other people but I feel we have done really well so far and we are in contention to win.”
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
The contest was organised by Highgate Village Business Association.
Judges on the day include owner of BBC3 Hair Studios, Vaso Louca, Chris Satanas from Highgate business Digital Eden, who sports the trucker-inspired handlebar moustache look, as well as Ham&High reporter Tara Brady.