Missy Elliott wins Marylebone dog show
A popular dog show returned to Marylebone on Saturday with proud pooches and their owners strutting their stuff in St Marylebone Parish Church grounds.
Nearly 50 dog owners came along to take part in the competition at the weekly Cabbages and Frocks market at the church on the Marylebone Road.
A black pug called Missy Elliott stole the show, winning the overall award.
Rob Alleyne, seen on BBC Three show “Dog Borstal”, judged the show which also featured awards for “fastest waggy tail” and “dog with a spring in its step”.
Organiser Angela Cash said: “It was a really good day. The highlight for me was seeing the relationship between the owners and the dogs.”
You may also want to watch:
The dog show was has been running twice annually for four years, and regularly attracts a crowd of 50 participants.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband