Missy Elliott wins Marylebone dog show
A popular dog show returned to Marylebone on Saturday with proud pooches and their owners strutting their stuff in St Marylebone Parish Church grounds.
Nearly 50 dog owners came along to take part in the competition at the weekly Cabbages and Frocks market at the church on the Marylebone Road.
A black pug called Missy Elliott stole the show, winning the overall award.
Rob Alleyne, seen on BBC Three show “Dog Borstal”, judged the show which also featured awards for “fastest waggy tail” and “dog with a spring in its step”.
Organiser Angela Cash said: “It was a really good day. The highlight for me was seeing the relationship between the owners and the dogs.”
You may also want to watch:
The dog show was has been running twice annually for four years, and regularly attracts a crowd of 50 participants.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 5 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 6 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 10 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'