Missing: Concern mounts for deaf woman last seen in Golders Green
- Credit: Archant
Police are increasingly concerned for the wellbeing of a deaf woman with learning difficulties after she went missing from a church in Golders Green.
Gakleen Shahata, 39, was last seen at around noon on Sunday, February 12 at Golders Green Parish Church in West Heath Drive.
She was attending a church service with family when she made excuses and left, but she did not reappear and has not been heard from since.
Ms Shahata, of Burne Street in Marylebone, is described as being British-Sudanese with long, brown, wavy hair, around 5ft 5in-tall and of heavy build.
She is deaf and speech-impaired, but understands basic British sign language and some Arabic. She also has learning difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing a bright orange anorak and a white top with white jeans.
She is known to visit Edgware Road and Hyde Park.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 5 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Westminster Missing Person Unit on 020 7321 7680, the non-emergency police number on 101 or Missing People on 116000.