Missing: Concern grows for deaf woman last seen in Golders Green two months ago
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal to find a deaf woman who has been missing for more than two months.
Gakleen Shahata, 39, was last seen at noon on February 12 at Golders Green Parish Church in West Heath Drive.
The woman, who is also speech-impaired and has learning difficulties, was attending a service with family when she left to go to the toilet but did not return.
She is British-Sudanese, has long, brown, wavy hair and is about 5ft 5in tall. She has a heavy build.
She understands basic British sign language and some Arabic.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of her disappearance she was wearing a bright orange anorak, a white top and white jeans.
Ms Shahata, who lives in Burne Street in Marylebone, is known to visit Edgware Road and Hyde Park – and has previously visited Southend in Essex.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 7 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 10 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
Her family and officers are becoming increasingly concerned about her wellbeing because of the length of time she has been missing.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Westminster Missing Person Unit on 020 7321 7680 or Missing People on 116000.