Missing: Concern grows for deaf woman last seen in Golders Green two months ago
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal to find a deaf woman who has been missing for more than two months.
Gakleen Shahata, 39, was last seen at noon on February 12 at Golders Green Parish Church in West Heath Drive.
The woman, who is also speech-impaired and has learning difficulties, was attending a service with family when she left to go to the toilet but did not return.
She is British-Sudanese, has long, brown, wavy hair and is about 5ft 5in tall. She has a heavy build.
She understands basic British sign language and some Arabic.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of her disappearance she was wearing a bright orange anorak, a white top and white jeans.
Ms Shahata, who lives in Burne Street in Marylebone, is known to visit Edgware Road and Hyde Park – and has previously visited Southend in Essex.
- 1 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 2 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 3 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 6 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 7 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 8 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
Her family and officers are becoming increasingly concerned about her wellbeing because of the length of time she has been missing.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Westminster Missing Person Unit on 020 7321 7680 or Missing People on 116000.