Missing: Concern grows for deaf woman last seen in Golders Green two months ago
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal to find a deaf woman who has been missing for more than two months.
Gakleen Shahata, 39, was last seen at noon on February 12 at Golders Green Parish Church in West Heath Drive.
The woman, who is also speech-impaired and has learning difficulties, was attending a service with family when she left to go to the toilet but did not return.
She is British-Sudanese, has long, brown, wavy hair and is about 5ft 5in tall. She has a heavy build.
She understands basic British sign language and some Arabic.
At the time of her disappearance she was wearing a bright orange anorak, a white top and white jeans.
Ms Shahata, who lives in Burne Street in Marylebone, is known to visit Edgware Road and Hyde Park – and has previously visited Southend in Essex.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 4 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 5 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
- 6 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 7 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 8 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day: Hampstead pupils in Stoppard drama
- 10 Care home opposite Kenwood labelled 'gross overdevelopment'
Her family and officers are becoming increasingly concerned about her wellbeing because of the length of time she has been missing.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Westminster Missing Person Unit on 020 7321 7680 or Missing People on 116000.