Missing: Concern grows for deaf woman last seen in Golders Green two months ago
- Credit: Archant
Police have renewed their appeal to find a deaf woman who has been missing for more than two months.
Gakleen Shahata, 39, was last seen at noon on February 12 at Golders Green Parish Church in West Heath Drive.
The woman, who is also speech-impaired and has learning difficulties, was attending a service with family when she left to go to the toilet but did not return.
She is British-Sudanese, has long, brown, wavy hair and is about 5ft 5in tall. She has a heavy build.
She understands basic British sign language and some Arabic.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of her disappearance she was wearing a bright orange anorak, a white top and white jeans.
Ms Shahata, who lives in Burne Street in Marylebone, is known to visit Edgware Road and Hyde Park – and has previously visited Southend in Essex.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
Her family and officers are becoming increasingly concerned about her wellbeing because of the length of time she has been missing.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Westminster Missing Person Unit on 020 7321 7680 or Missing People on 116000.